Hi there - I wondered when this would be picked up here.

I am working on the above plugin, to enable SC controllers to be used
to control Linn DS products. Whilst I am currently a Linn employee, can
I emphasize that I am doing this in my own time using my own equipment.
The only assistance from Linn is access to some of their hardware, and
the use of their OSS site for hosting.

The design involves making a Linn DS mimic what a Squeezebox is doing.
Hence SC is the controlling interface at all times (except for timing
resynch at track changeover). This means that an SB or Duet controller
IS required for this plugin to work. Whilst theoretically Softsqueeze
or similar could be used, I have never had the required stability from
this to be useful.

I started developing this because I use both SBs and Linn DS at home,
and wanted to converge on one simple solution that everyone in the
family could use. The original SB interface (large display and IR
handset) is one of the simplest to use (if not the most sexy), and it
was on that basis that development started. When the Duet controller
came along, it offered another nice handheld alternative for operating
the players. As a side-affect, this enabled the use of SC as the media
server, rather than a UPnP offering, all of which still appear to be
somewhat problematic.

--
rockfather