Caveats:

1. I am a newby
2. Apologies in advance if I have missed a priro post answering this
question.

I recently renovated an old house and ran in-wall speaker cables from a
basement closet to every room in the house with the expectation of
someday installing a whole house music system.

I recently purchased the squeezebox duet and have used it with my old
stereo receiver and bookshelf speakers to get comfortable with it.

I am now ready to start installing some of the whole house system but
would like to move up the learning curve without making a lot of
purchasing mistakes.

Among the questions in my mind are:

1. Do I need a pre-amp in between my Duet and the amplifier?
2. Do I need a separate pre-amp, Duet for each zone?
3. How do I make sure I don't blow my amp by putting too many speakers
on it.

These are really basic questions and I feel that there is probably some
resource out there for basic home stero layout design but I have been
unable to access it thru google search. Can someone steer me in the
right direction. A good book or website would be appreciated. By way of
level of technical detail I can say I found the multi room info at
Crutchfield to be lacking.

Thank you

Jim

--