dbrotzen;389057 Wrote:
> Your questions have already been answered, I'd just like to add a few
> comments. Since you have prewired your house with speaker wire, you've
> planned to put your amp/all your amps in one location. Long speaker
> wires are likely to degrade the quality of your sound, and is likely to
> lower the ultimate sound level output of your amps/speakers. With
> wireless distribution of music you place the receiver and the amp in
> each room, and speaker wires can be short.
Along these same lines, if it's not too late to run Cat5 to each of the
rooms, that would give you a lot more flexibility, and be more in
keeping with the way that SBs are designed to be used for whole-house
audio. There's nothing necessarily wrong with the suggestions of
sticking several SBR + amp pairs (or several SBRs with a good
multi-source amp) in the basement closet, but there are definite
advantages to having the SBs and amps (or powered speakers) in the
rooms themselves.

--
aubuti

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it. MSI Wind desktop (Ubuntu
8.10) feeding: Basement: SB2 > JVC JA-S44 > ESS Tempest LS8;
Kitchen/Dining: Duet > AudioSource Amp100 > 2 pairs Polk RC60i; Living
room: SB3 > Technics SA-EX140 > Bose Acoustimass 3; Bedroom: Boom +
SBC; Study: Duet > Klipsch ProMedia 2.0; Kid's bedroom: SB2 > Klipsch
ProMedia 2.0
http://www.last.fm/user/aubuti/