I have a server and networking equipment in my basement.  I placed
multiple SBRs right there with small amps and ran speaker wire up to my
first floor In-wall speakers.  I have a single controller on the first
floor in a central position.  In the future I will add additional SBRs
and amplifiers as I want to add zones.  Eventually a second controller
will be placed on the second floor in the master bedroom with SBBs in
each of the kids rooms.  When it comes time for the second floor I will
probably place the SBRs and amps in the attic to minimize the amount of
speaker cable I have to run.

I hope that helps.

--
rainjacks