iPhone;390258 Wrote:
> I have to agree with Steve on this point. I also maintain a complete
> FLAC library and only convert the songs I listen to on my iPhone to MP3
> in a totally diffierent library. I DO NOT let iTunes see or know about
> my FLAC music files.
>
> It is my opinion that iTunes was designed with an idiot or sometimes
> computer user as its end user. It tries to control and take over
> everything. Its sees album art missing, is it goes and gets what it
> thinks you need without any choices on your part. How hard would it
> have been for iTunes to stop and ask, keep current or replace with
> this?
>
> For me the easy solution is to rip to FLAC and convert to whatever
> format one wants to use with iTunes. One advantage of this is that the
> FLAC files are always there to reconvert if iTunes hoses things up. And
> the Squeezebox products love FLAC as its source files. Yes I go to
> extremes of keeping my FLAC files on a server and my iPhone MP3s on
> another machine, but its just as easy to keep them on different drives
> or in completely different directories on a single machine. Most of the
> issues that come up are because of iTunes.

I'm no iTunes fan and just recently even put iTunes on my music server,
but most of the oddball stuff iTunes does you can turn off in the
preferences.  I know you can stop it from going out to get art work.  I
may live to regret this statement, but so far iTunes hasn't messed
anything up and only added two processes.

The iTunes Plus files don't sound too bad especially for the older rock
which wasn't recorded that well in most cases anyway.  I don't think I'd
ever buy any Jazz from iTunes Plus.

Have a great day.

Howard

--
Howard Passman

.....and still waiting for extra cradles..
...and waiting...
...and waiting...
...and waiting...