TivoManiac;392054 Wrote:
> Okay I've been using my Squeezebox for a few weeks now and I got iPeng
> right away.  The first night when using it after just a few minutes my
> Linksys WCG200 (cable modem router in one box) totally reset to factory
> settings.  I had to set it all back up from scratch.  I was afraid to
> use it again but I've seen no other postings with this issue so tonight
> I tried it again.  After a couple of minutes it did cause the WCG200 to
> reboot but at least it wasn't a total reset this time.  I guess I
> cannot use the app.  I'd try another similar app but I'm afraid of just
> wasting more money on it if it's something with this router.  I have
> used my Xbox 360 on it for a couple of years with no issues.  Any one
> else seen this?  Any ideas on what to try?

I'm going to guess that this was pure coincidence.  Your router does
not know iPeng from Safari, so if Safari doesn't crash it then iPeng
won't either.

That said, your router sounds like it has pretty flaky firmware or even
a hardware problem.  Have you ever tried using safari to load stuff of
your home server?  If that crashes your router as well, then you have a
pretty serious router issue.  Given that routers are like $30, I'd
suggest a new one in that case.

--
lanierb