Goodsounds;397144 Wrote:
> I know nothing about this, but it makes me wonder why you'd want to
> bother with it? What in your view would be accomplished?

Hi GS,

Kind of a group things.  First, the HD was the noisiest part (the only
noise) of my Shuttle.  Second the SSD will run with less heat (no fan
in the Shuttle) and third it is quieter (Double important).  Fourth,
it's kinda fun to watch the HD light flash and hear nothing.

I have always had my OS and SC on a seperate drive for ease of backup
and defrag.  Of course you don't defrag SSD's so that is a little
maintenance I won't have to do.

Anyhoo, since I posted this I just bit the bullet and did it.  I
follwed the instructions from OCZ to align the drive and that went
without a hitch.  Next, I downloaded the Acronis free trial.

The SSD has a USB port on it so I did everything outside of the PC as
far as alignment and cloning.  Acronis automatically shuts your PC down
when done.  After that you install the new drive and reboot.  Other than
being a bit faster, you can't even tell you did anything.  The entire
operation took 30 minutes including aligning the HD.

So it's silent, cool, uses less power and is faster. A fair trade for
the $$ spent ($78) I think.

Howard

--
Howard Passman