Howard Passman;397335 Wrote:
> Hi Goodsounds.  Not sure exactly what you mean, but I think I get it.  I
> think anyone who is using the SB products has to be a tinkerer by
> nature.  Let's face it, these things are not the radio, cassette
> player, cd player or even the turntable of the past.  I guess I'm just
> tinkering a bit on the PC side of things to get it quieter, cooler and
> use less power, which has become more important.  SC runs almost
> non-stop so it's best of it's as low power as I can get.
>
> Installing the SSD was a learning experience too, which is most of the
> fun for me.  Certainly not installed like your normal hard drive so I
> felt some measure of achievement when it booted up with no issues.  I'm
> not a novice by any means, but doing something different from my
> everyday grind is a nice diversion and needed I might add :-)
>
> Anyhoo, have a great day and keep enjoying the music.  In the short run
> it's the goal here.
>
> Howard

Yes, you got it.  Sorry, I see now that the comment was unintendedly
cryptic.

I stand somewhere in-between plug and play and tinkers like you. If
something requires too much effort or true tinkering, I'll pass or have
someone else do it. Too bad these products aren't easier to set up and
use. I do understand the fluky nature of home networks and third party
equipment that gets involved. But it seems some of the complexity is
unnecessarily self-induced.

It is about the music, enjoy it.

--
Goodsounds