drs;401785 Wrote:
> One could use an Airport Express with softsqueeze and AirFoil to
> basically have a SB for less money.  The question is, does anyone do
> this? That is, if nobody does, it suggests to me that people might
> prefer the SB hardware, but the AE software.

I started my my digital music odyssey with this combination (OK, Winamp
with AJAX plugin and iTunes instead of Squeezeplay) and was very
frustrated after a while. It's something which do work ... in some way
... but ... you feel it in many places that it is not an fully
intergrated solution. And I had annoying dropouts on the Airport
Express. Would it be better if I had switched to a complete Apple
solution? That was not the way I want to go.

I'm now happy SB3 user and enjoy a simple to use and flexible music
player served by a VIA C7 based system. Personal demands can be so
different.

You're right, the inferface could still be optimized. Sometimes I do
also struggle in the different access types, but it's already much
better than the classic skin.

And do not forget the upcoming V8 version. New game :)

I feel much better with an open software product instead of an closed
software which could be stopped from one day to the other without any
further support.

--
jo-wie

SB Classic, SC 7.3.2 auf GigaByte STA/C mit VIA C7 1GHz, 1GB RAM, 250 GB
2,5" HD, Ubuntu Desktop 8.04