chris.mason;403631 Wrote:
> (I posted this as a reply to another thread on listening to BBC Radio,
> but I don't think it was entirely appropriate there - apologies for the
> multi-posting).
>
> I don't believe this is a plug-in issue, but a problem with the WMA
> feeds from the BBC.
>
> I'm based in the UK, so should have no problem getting the feeds (from
> a legal perspective anyway).
>
> I'm running SC7.3.3 on Ubuntu 8.10, with a wireless SB3.
> (Version: 7.3.3 - 25156 @ Wed Feb 25 03:12:29 PST 2009)
>
> I've found that the live AlienBBC streams for Radio 2 and 4 to be
> reliable.
>
> For BBC iPlayer, I've given up trying to listen to the feeds. All the
> live feeds consistently cause my SB3 to crash and reboot. The feeds
> play for about 30 seconds (I'm guessing the buffer size) then it all
> stops. I'd love to listen to these feeds for the higher bit-rate. I
> don't believe this is a BBC iPlayer plugin issue. I have copied the
> high bit rate WMA URL into "Tune in URL" and I get the same issue.
>
> Through the "More Radio.." menu, I can play the 65Kbit WMA streams
> without problem on the whole, certainly they don't cause my SB3 to
> reboot.
>
> Anybody else experienced this problem of the 96k streams causing the
> SB3 to reboot or can explain what might cause the problem?  I can
> understand that streams are not always perfect, you get rebuffering,
> stuttering and so on, but I don't expect a stream to cause my SB3 to
> reboot.
>
> Here are the URLs I've been using:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/wm_asx/aod/radio2.asx
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/wm_asx/aod/radio4.asx
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> TIA
> Chris.
I tested these urls using SC 7.4-25345  on ubuntu 8.04 and they played
without interruption on my SB3, Duet and Boom.   Sorry, I don't have a
7.3.3 version to test them on.

The url's however would not verify when I tried to add them to my
Squeezenetwork favorites, but I could play them from an opml file of
favorites which I use on Squeezenetwork.

Hope this info helps.

--
Ramage

P2 266MHz, ubuntu server 8.10 SC 7.4~25258
AMD64x2 ubuntu 8.04, SC 7.4~25345
Players: Classic, Duet, Boom, Controller