Goodsounds wrote:
> peter;408392 Wrote:
>
>> The plain fact is that buyers will consider a media streamer that does
>>
>> not support pre-N outdated. In fact they're already doing so, see the
>> starting post. If the competition is offering pre-N devices, any
>> sensible business will have to do the same.
>>

> I'm with pfarell on this one Peter, I think you're wrong.
>
> If you asked most people what kind of network they have at home, most
> would say "a wifi network", or "a PC network", "an internet network",
> etc. You get the picture.

Sure, I get it. But if they see the boxes on the shelf and one has Fast
N! And the other has Slow g! on it, they'll know which one has the
advantage. Especially when the salesman says, this one has a faster
wireless network! Also when the CNet comparison lists G-only support as
a negative. Well, you get my point ;)

> The broad market, to whom these products are intended, don't know or
> care about the technology so long as it works. G works with the various
> pre-N approaches, end of story. There's no reason for the company to
> guess or anticipate where the standard gets resolved. Buyers don't
> care. The original poster is thinking too hard about things he has
> limited understanding of ("I'd rather not run a separate G...) like
> many people around here
>
> If this were a product intended solely for geeks, the company would
> have failed long ago.

You don't see many companies shipping B-devices these days, do you?

Regards,
Peter