peter;408478 Wrote:

> When I bought my SB1 it was still very much alive.
> Now my SB1 is still working fine but I can't use it on my G network :(
> I sure wish I'd bought a G SB1 then, I could still use it ;)

Not really. G was available by then, and the B/G interoperability
issues were generally understood. Even during the production lifetime
of SB1, 802.11g modules had become cheaper than 802.11b, but the
difficulty of interfacing 802.11g modules in an embedded system
required us to completely re-architect (with SB2) to support them.

SB1 might have stayed in production a lot longer if B hadn't died so
abruptly. As it happened, it gave us some very strong motivation to get
SB2 out the door - we actually reached the point where we could no
longer source the 802.11b modules, and would have otherwise had no
wireless product for a while.

--
seanadams