For my in-ceiling speakers I use a simple AudioSource AMP 100. It costs
less than US$100 (check Amazon), is powerful enough to drive most
in-ceiling speakers, and is good (but not audiophile) quality. It
doesn't require any "management". I just plug the SBR into the "Input
2" inputs, turn it on, and set the volume to about the 1 o'clock
position (you'll want to adjust depending on your speakers and desired
volume level). The inputs are auto-sensing, so after 5-10 minutes with
no signal from the SBR the amp goes into "standby" mode. In standby
mode it still draws around 5w of power, and if that's more than you
want to burn you can simply turn the amp off when you're done, and back
on when you want to listen again.

Alternatively you could get active (ie, powered) in-ceiling speakers
instead of amplifier+passive speakers. One possible complication with
that approach is ensuring that the line-level cable from the SBR to the
speakers is as short as possible and routed in a way that it doesn't
pick up a low frequency hum from nearby electrical wires.

--
aubuti