MrSinatra;417159 Wrote:
> you guys are starting to talk over my head...  :)  i tried to answer
> some points on the wiki discussion page, but i'm more comfortable in
> the forum honestly.
>
> anyway, its hard for me to know where to go here b/c i have such little
> exp with these services.  Toby, can you add to the wiki in some kind of
> methodical way what you are saying above?  basically, it would be good
> to know:
>
> 1. what works on SC out of the box
> 2. what won't work on SC until you do SN first
> 3. what will only work on SN
>
> i think we already know more or less that anything not offered by SN
> won't work on it, unless we're talking about specific shoutcast URLs.
>
> are those the only possibilities above?
>
> i tried signing up for Last.fm last night.  i am Mr1Sinatra on there.
> i downloaded the app it had too.  and honestly i don't get it.  it
> seemed to import my winamp listening history, not my ML.  and i seemed
> to need the app for it to do its thing.  is that something we should
> remark on?
>
> so anyway, will Last.fm only work with SC once i tell SN my login info?

Basically, what I listed as the "exceptions" are (to my knowledge) the
only things within the SC7 > Internet Radio menu and sub-menu's that DO
NOT work out of the box without a SN account.

It's very easy to see/test what works on SC without a SN account, just
remove your SN login info from SC, then poke around the SC7 > Internet
Radio menu's.   :)

I do not know of anything that *only* works on SN.

Last.fm will work fine on both SC and SN with all settings and saved
stations.  SC uses SN in the background for any/all subscription
services (save SC plugins) so everything the subscription service
offers on SC is also on SN, and vice versa.  i.e.  If you have a saved
Last.fm personal station on SC that same personal station will also
appear on the SN Last.fm menu's, and again vice versa.

See, I told you it gets tough to categorize/explain it all.   :)

--
toby10