It is possible to stream audio from any application to the Squeezebox.
Although I do not use JRiver Mediacenter, I wanted to stream DRM
protected content from Yahoo music to my squeezebox.

This involves the combination of the following software:

1. Slimserver
2. Shoutcast Server http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml
3. Shoutcast Audio DSP Plugin for Winamp
http://www.shoutcast.com/download/broadcast.phtml#miscdownload
4. Winamp http://www.winamp.com

I know this sounds like a lot of trouble, but it works well. Basically
I launch winamp, which launches the DSP plugin and streams the audio to
the shoutcast server.  I then created a playlist in slimserver that
points to the IP address and port of my shoutcast server, which in my
case is 192.168.11.3:8000.

Please note that all of the above software is running on the same
computer.  You do not need one computer for slimserver and one for
shoutcast, it call all run on the same box.

The next step is to launch the audio app you want to stream and enjoy.

--
jarredduq