erland;426773 Wrote:
> There is a risk the mass market route is actually better economically
> for Logitech but it will probably lead to very different products
> compared to what we have seen so far, products where price is more
> important than sound quality.

I pledge to disagree on this.
I believe that upcoming SD products need MORE not less mass market
appeal. For two reasons:

1. They need to come out of the "techie" corner. The whole architecture
needs a better integration UI wise or it will never be possible to sell
this to people who do not WANT to get involved. I have good hopes here
since from the discussions I'm seeing a lot of work is currently being
put into this

2. If you don't get out of the techie corner and create volume, I'm
afraid this will be pushed out of the market, after all this is too much
of a "systems" business to work in the niche alone

I don't think you have to become as cheap as to offer bad quality,
though. Actually, the Logitech mice I own do have a much better quality
appeal than some others, more expensive ones I accidentally came to own.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com