pippin wrote:
> 2. If you don't get out of the techie corner and create volume, I'm
> afraid this will be pushed out of the market, after all this is too much
> of a "systems" business to work in the niche alone

This is one of the key reasons that Dalmer-Benz bought Chrysler. Other
than the obvious easy access to Trucks/SUV and the Jeep line.

MB cars have a ton of advanced engineering, and they needed volume to
spread the engineering cost (NRE in the buzz). If they could have pushed
down their technology, such as yaw control, into the Chrysler cars, the
cost would become a trivial cost of the car, with the tiny volume that
MB has, the engineering cost is tens of thousands of dollars per car.

Sony did this well for decades, altho they have lost their edge in
recent years, IMHO.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/