m1abrams;426823 Wrote:
> While I agree with your reasoning, I am afraid in order to get out of
> the "techie" corner would be to abandon the central server aspect of the
> Squeezebox.  And as I am sure you know the central server aspect allows
> you to do some neat tricks that can not be done with a UPnP setup.
>
> Many people seem to not undestand about the Squeezebox is that it is a
> client/server model and that just confuses non-techies.  I can not see
> how you can eliminate that source of confusion without eliminating the
> server.

Don't agree. People can understand client/server models, hey, they even
use mobile phones and twitter.

Also, DLNA is moving into that direction, too. UPnP always supported
it, just the devices don't.

The only problems with SC I see are:
1. It's ressource usage (80%)
2. The UI is not well integrates (20%. Wait a moment, didn't I say this
before...)

#1 may go away with time
#2 is hopefully being worked

--