In my old place, I had my computer connected via ethernet cable to my
router and my squeezebox connected wirelessly.  It is a standalone
receiver that I configured with the net-UDAP tool but mostly didn't give
me any problems.

In my new place, the jacks for the modem are far away from anywhere I
want to set up my computer and I am trying to avoid running cables
across the room.  I assumed that I would just be able to update the IP
address on my receiver to the IP assigned to my wirelessly-connected
computer.  But so far, nothing but that old blue light.

Just to check everything, I did stretch wires across the room so my
computer could be hard-wired to my router again and sure enough, that
method still works as well as it ever did.

Is having both the computer and receiver connected wirelessly possible?
I understand there could be some data throughput issues with making two
hops like this.  But shouldn't the receiver at least be able to connect
to squeezecenter on the wirelessly connected computer?

Thanks for any and all advice.

--
kowloonside