kowloonside;429871 Wrote:
> In my old place, I had my computer connected via ethernet cable to my
> router and my squeezebox connected wirelessly.  It is a standalone
> receiver that I configured with the net-UDAP tool but mostly didn't give
> me any problems.
>
> In my new place, the jacks for the modem are far away from anywhere I
> want to set up my computer and I am trying to avoid running cables
> across the room.  I assumed that I would just be able to update the IP
> address on my receiver to the IP assigned to my wirelessly-connected
> computer.  But so far, nothing but that old blue light.
>
> Just to check everything, I did stretch wires across the room so my
> computer could be hard-wired to my router again and sure enough, that
> method still works as well as it ever did.
>
> Is having both the computer and receiver connected wirelessly possible?
> I understand there could be some data throughput issues with making two
> hops like this.  But shouldn't the receiver at least be able to connect
> to squeezecenter on the wirelessly connected computer?
>
> Thanks for any and all advice.

Quick answer is Yes.

Personally, I would not do it if I didn't have to. The idea being, why
have two wireless hops if you don't have to, one less place for an
issue. If you are running FLAC native and multiple players, it could
cause problems depending on how good your WiFi Network is, meaning you
better have low network usage, high player signal strengths, and minimal
or no interference.

Just my point of view and opinion.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Expedition: SB3, ToughBook