gbruzzo;435644 Wrote:
> I just look at the Squeezebox 3 which is beautiful and feels solid - to
> my eyes - I look at the Transporter which is beautiful and feels solid -
> to my eyes.
>
> Then I look at the Duet, which is plasticky, cheapish and ugly (I own
> all three) and unfortunately a little unreliable, the Boom which is also
> quite plasticky and ugly-ish (yep I own that too if you are in doubt -
> that makes it four) and a little unreliable, then I look at the photo of
> this new device and I start seeing a trend.

The boom has the same degree of finish, for me, but the duet/receiver
slightly less so.

My bigger concern is the underlying firmware. The Duet has been out for
a year and half now, but developers have yet to really warm up to it or
figure it out.

The SB2 firmware is rock solid in terms of syncing and such, but if the
only SqueezeOS device still can't sync playback and is so inflexible in
the UI customization next to the previous generation.

I hope the new devices rectify this shortcoming.

--
sander