SJobson;435655 Wrote:
> I had assumed that it would - it'd be like the SB Classic in
> functionality with the added bonus of a colour screen (for album art)
> and the ability to change tracks on the device (handy if my wife nabs
> the SB3 remote to use the Boom in the kitchen).
>
> I hope so anyway.  IR remotes just work instantly for play, pause, fwd,
> rwd and volume.

That's very much how I see it. If they omitted IR control, they made a
big mistake. I see this is as a successor to the SB3 with nice
improvements in a several areas that are important to me (96/24, and
album art display). But if they force me to use a touch screen on the
device itself to control the beast, I'm not buying. And if a SBC is
needed, to get remote operation, that will not convince me, either
(reliability issues with past products are making me play defensive).

--
dsdreamer