Dingostrategy;436783 Wrote:
> In the immortal words of Seinfeld. -Look to the cookie, Elaine. Look to
> the cookie. -
>
> My goodness what a lot of balls. Surely it's about the music. However
> you pipe it to your brain has to be a good thing. A few rabblerousers,
> both here and there, should not detract from that basic point.
>
> But I will say one thing - this issue has pricked my ears about the
> alleged 'touch' - more toys! Thankyou Sonos fans for raising my
> awareness. This is the spirit of brotherhood. Pop over for a Leffe and
> my new Tord Gustavsen CDs newly ripped to my opensource server - and
> we'll remember the whole freakin point of wireless transport.
>
> And solidarity to Pippin, who copped a bit of .flac in all of this. His
> app works great for me and fair play to him for his approach to his
> work. I could not give half a bollock if it does not look as fancy as
> something else - it looks great to me anyway. Even if it looked like
> 'Pong' it would still play my tunes and that's what it's about, no?
>
> Now if I can only fix my bloody squeezenetwork connectivity issue, I'll
> be chipper again!

I will say one thing (or maybe a few more). Dingostrategy is right, it
*-IS-* about the music. Both devices stream music and for me, Squeezebox
does a better job of that for a lot less money (read able to buy more
CDs which again its all about the music after all).

Cheers to Pippin for making a killer iPhone app for Squeezebox! And he
is still making it better each day.

Toward the end of the Sonos Fanboy rants, the faithful even admit that
the Sonos is lacking but blame that on the fact that Sonos is "staying
true" to what it is and not following the market. "Our system has just
been upgraded to a track limit of 65K", big deal, how about no track
limit using SC! That "limit" is basically 5500 CDs which for most is
plenty, but not for everybody. Why have a barrier if one doesn't have
to? Sort of like that 640K memory thing or the year 2000 for PCs.

I still say it comes down to personal choice and how comfortable a
person feels about home networking. And if one doesn't have a home
network, there is something to be said about being able to buy Sonos.
That solution will work with little to no effort and all that is needed
is money.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Expedition: SB3, ToughBook