cliveb;448083 Wrote:
> Perhaps today's kids aren't as stupid as we tend to think.
>
> Maybe they've noticed that the mastering of vinyl is so vastly superior
> to the hypercompression and clipping you get on CDs that the music
> sometimes sounds better on vinyl, despite the format's inherent faults.

A "Mail-on-Sunday" newspaper piece about the ex-EMI pressing plant in
Hayes said:

"You might imagine that in a world where new music is routinely
downloaded off the internet - and in 95 per cent of cases, illegally -
paying for something as old-fashioned as a record in a cardboard sleeve
would be the last thing any groovy kid would want to do.

In fact, though, the opposite is true. Owning the vinyl product of your
favourite band has become a badge of honour, the ultimate proof of
serious fandom. Any old lightweight can nick music online. But to pay
for an actual record buys you the thing that matters - and has always
mattered - more than anything else in rock: authenticity."

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/the-return-of-the-vinyl-how-britain-got-its-groove-back

@Declan M: LPs - boxy?? You've been listening to the wrong system !

--
morris_minor

Living Room: Transporter
Study: Receiver
Kitchen: Boom
Son's Bedroom: Classic
iPeng on an iPhone, 2 x Controllers
Server: TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3i SC 7.2.1 - 23630
- - - -
http://www.last.fm/user/morris_minor_1