JOE SIXPACK:

Read some of the Amazon customer reviews of SD/Logitech players, some
are quite funny.  A few paraphrased examples:
-  "...it doesn't work with WiFi like my computer does..."
-  "..why would I pay $299 for a Boom when I can buy a used laptop and
add speakers..."
-  "..to get radio & Music Services you must expose your connection to
the internet, too much a security risk..."
-  "...no AM/FM?  I listen to NPR so this is a deal killer...."

These common Joe's are obviously not the target market of SB players.
They are quite content with their iPods, just as my father has no
interest in learning how to load a CD into his 16 speaker car stereo
system.  It is just not the SB market.

As for simplifying the use of SC, just look at the Extension
Downloader.  SD and third party Plgin customization (add, remove,
install, update) a wide selection of choices & options, all automated.
To me this clearly illustrates a commitment by SD to simplify and better
mainstream it's product line, without dumbing down the hardware.

Room for improvement?  Always!  But from a non-programmer and less than
tech savvy consumer I sure like the direction SD is headed.   :)

--
toby10