iPhone;450298 Wrote:
> With SC as large as it is and with all it can do and users asking for
> more, at this point it is almost impossible to catch everything that
> could/might/are affected by a Code change.

I'm glad the software people at Boeing and Airbus don't have this
attitude! ;-)

C'mon, iphone, it's a music player, not something relatively
complicated (in the grand scheme of things). Most hardware products have
substantial software content and/or companion software (even
semiconductors do). The bigger or more complicated the hardware, the
bigger and more complicated the software. The vast, vast majority of
companies handle it internally.

What is it about these products that lead you to think that this
approach is not an outlier? Fact is, it's rare. I think it contributes
to some of the negatives others have discussed so eloquently.

--
Goodsounds