My SheevaPlug just doesn't have the horsepower.

I have a 8GB kingston USB stick attached (512MB was not enough BTW).
Partitioned the stick 7GB OS + 1GB swap.  Installed Debian per
directions and then installed SheevaPlug version of SqueezeCenter.  The
system comes up cleanly but it is not particularly responsive.

I do have a large music collection but even some radio stations can no
longer play.  Running top against the SheevaPlug it is pretty apparent
that the poor beast is maxed out.  I can't believe how much MySQL
activity is occuring, even at idle - what is all that for?  I confirmed
the MySQL continually spikes against my existing CentOS SqueezeServer
installation as well.

All-in-all, a great effort on Squeeze's behalf but it falls just short
of usable (iPeng makes it usable because it caches the artist DB - your
webapp is far from usable here).  I'll be keen to try it again once some
optimizations are applied.

--
benmac