micah;453992 Wrote:
> Since the small form factor (SFF) PC has been mentioned a couple of
> times in this thread, I was wondering what all the other ~$150-$250
> units have in terms of hardware.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what the processor requirements would be for a
> linux based SFF MythTV solution?  How much $$$ are we talking?
>
> I'm sure the MythTV forums have countless threads on this topic and I
> have lots of reading to do if I decide to go this route.  I'd like to be
> able to run SC and Squeezeplay, the MythTV frontend and backend, play
> AVCHD files & blu-ray movies and attach it directly to my TV/stereo.
> Would an atom processor (e.g. msi wind=$300) cut it?

I've been looking at the ASRock Ion 330BD.  Atom based, with blu-ray
drive small pc.  Thinking about getting this for the lounge.  It gets
good reviews on HD playback, has HDMI out (and optical audio).  Handles
1080.  The only setback is that it isn't 100% on flash based (i.e.
youtube) HD content, because the flash players aren't (yet?) using GPU
hardware.

--
lrossouw

'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/lrossouw)