Goodsounds;456450 Wrote:
> dBerriff,
>
> You seem to be not only unhappy with what you have, but equally unhappy
> with the good suggestions people have offered.
>
> As far as I know, a fully integrated solution from one supplier doesn't
> exist. But that's no big deal. Complaining about that too won't change
> anything and won't get you anywhere.
>
> One can always find fault or complain if that is the goal. What you
> have should serve you well, but apparently it doesn't. I wish you better
> days, my friend.

Whose complaining? I seek the truth through discussion, consideration,
proposal and counter proposal. Some great points have been made here
that will make me think again and question my assumptions. There seems
to be a trend for a question or reasonable challenge to be thought of as
a criticism or "complaint". I genuinely wish to a) learn what works for
other people and I cannot be alone in that and b) have any incorrect
assumptions I have made corrected.

I have had to review some of the past solutions I have tried with a
view to cutting running costs and energy wastage. This is adapting to
circumstances.

I am happy with the solution I have except it doesn't include my SB3.
That doesn't feel right and I am not yet ready to abandon it. Part of
the point of this exercise was to find out what was feasible, especially
given the recent release of the Touch and Radio.

I assure you I might have questioned everything but I have not rejected
it.

An integrated solution does not exist... Well they do actually from
Naim and Meridian, but they are extremely expensive. Brennan.co.uk
offers another integrated solution, although with a very specific
hardware interface. Perhaps the Touch will move a step closer to this
for Logitech.

Complaining won't change anything? Again, I didn't think I was
complaining, just evaluating. Discussion won't change anything? I
sincerely hope this is not true.

I am very grateful for the suggestions made here and I hope they will
be of interest to other forum members too. I need more reflection before
choosing a way ahead or deciding to stay with what I have.

I clearly lack the ability to communicate my thoughts and intentions
correctly in the context of this forum. I have a genuine interest in the
future of music distribution but perhaps I should quietly get on with
enjoying the music using a system that does, despite any impressions to
the contrary, give me an immense amount of pleasure. And leave the
discussion to others.

--
dBerriff

iMac/iTunes, Apple TV, AVI ADM9.1 active speakers, Boom