I've got 2x SBRs 1x SBC and 1x Boom.

Guests are quite impressed by this, especially my ability to select
anything I want from the remote (Napster subscription you see) but when
they ask how do I get this for myself I don't know what to say.  It all
seems too hard to explain.  I would say they are of the "typical user"
type mentioned in the first post.  So what would I recommend as a
starting point?

Get a small,cheap netbook, preferably a pretty one coz it's going to be
in the lounge.  Download the Spotify software.  Connect the
headphone-out to your stereo analogue-in.  Select what you want to
listen to on the netbook and press play.  Ta da! A library of gazillions
of tracks at your fingertips.  If the ads annoy you take out a premium
sub.  If in due course you want better quality or a full function
remote, come back and we'll chat again.

Keith

--
KMorgan