chinablues;456605 Wrote:
> In an earlier post, the OP mentioned:
>
> "Let's forget about CDs then and concentrate on library management"
>
> This is for me the crux of any workable SB solution. It's a lot of work
> and is not something your average joe would wish to do.

Dan

Absolutely.  There's the problem.  It's all just too complex when you
start to talk about ripping, tagging, finding album art etc.  If you are
"in to" this kind of thing the way most people on this forum probabaly
are, it's all part of the fun.  For everybody else it's a PITA and
enough to put them off.

My pals are far more impressed with convenience and choice than
absolute sound quality.  For that reason I believe that on-demand
streaming is the future.  Well the present actually.  You don't need a
local music library when it's all available from Spotify or Napster.
The best solution right now would be the one that puts the whole Spotify
catalogue on your remote control, and streams it at 320kbps Ogg to your
hifi.

I'm halfway there.  I can have my home computer off, connect my Duet to
Napster via Squeezenetwork, and stream whatever I want to my hifi. It's
128kbps WMA, but to be honest that sounds fine to me.  This especially
so when I can pick almost anything to listen to.

Personally I think there is a big market opportunity for a dedicated
Spotify or Napster player.  Send the royalties to me!!

Maybe the new Touch with it's built in TinySC, and selected to "Napster
Mode" would be the perfect vehicle for this.

Keith

--
KMorgan