aubuti;456420 Wrote:
> Considering your aversion to ripping and tagging that you noted in the
> OP, I assumed that those solutions were out of the running. Especially
> because as you learned with your compilations problem, tagging can
> continue to be a nuisance long after the ripping is finished.
>

> Oh sorry, I thought you were the OP. :-/

I have assumed ripping and tagging to be necessary but I thought
workable with something like the Vortexbox or Brennan JB7. Ripping it
has been suggested is perhaps not necessary as the CD dies off. It is
already becoming a marginalised media in our music stores. Tagging is
the only way I know of organising music locally but perhaps even this
concept is outdated. The future perhaps is online services? The new
Touch perhaps provides a better interface for this - and the Radio of
course.

Yes, I am the OP but it is getting late in the UK and I'm already in
trouble for not getting around to doing the washing up last night. I'll
get back tomorrow. ;-)

--
dBerriff

iMac/iTunes, Apple TV, AVI ADM9.1 active speakers, Boom