dsdreamer;464132 Wrote:
> Pippin,
>
> Does iPeng 1.2 require 7.4? If I upgrade my iPOD touch to iPeng 1.2,
> will I be able to use it without also upgrading my SC software? Assuming
> it fails, does it fail gracefully with 7.3.4?

Peng still works with SC 7.3.x And I believe it's a worthwhile update
for 7.3 users, too.
The context menus will not work as well with 7.3 as with 7.4 because
there's a lot of functionality that's not yet there in 7.3 but that's
new 7.4 functionality anyway and I have also spent considerable effort
to get 7.3 as close as possible.
Also, the Music Services will still be under "Radios" and not under
"Apps" obviously and lack the new functionality you can get there
(especially context menus, again). You also only can put them on the
main menu with 7.4.

So if you don't feel like going to 7.4 take your time. 7.4 does have
some teething problems, although I believe it will eventually be
worthwhile and some of these are not as bas with iPeng as without (iPeng
_does_ have TrackInfo on NowPlaying and the current playlist also with
7.4 although some menu entries do not work correctly and it's a bit more
easy to switch between SBS and MySB.

markstrom;464126 Wrote:
> 1. Search and then pick an artist. Albums are not sorted as if you pick
> an artist without searching. They should be sorted by Year (or Name if
> that setting is on).
>
> 2. Syncing players by dragging is kinda hard sometimes. When dropping
> the player "inside" another player is sometimes
>
> 3. Syncing players and then unsyncing them by dragging them sometimes
> leaves the players synced even though they are displayed in the
> interface as unsynced.
>
> 4. Rearrange order of players works fine except that you can't drop a
> player at top. I don't know if rearranging players is intentional
> feature but it would be nice if iPeng remembered the order when you
> restart the app.

1. good find! Could you file a ticket for this so that I not forget to
fix it?
https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/

2. Yes, well, that's how D'n'D on iPhone is... It's a bit hard to do
with only "touch" as a control...
You can also sync by selecting the players you want to sync and
pressing the "sync" button on the lower toolbar.

3. This is strange and should not be. I also haven't seen that. Are you
sure they are still synced?
Sometimes it can take a short while until server feedback about
sync/mode actions (move means: to another server) comes in ans therefore
there can be a jumping back and forth but it should eventually do as
commanded.

4. rearranging players is not purely accidental but let's say it's not
an advertised feature because there are quite a lot of situations where
it will not work (the sort order will change on it's own, that is).
It's extremely ahrd to get around that because what I see is that the
server sometimes sporadically "forgets" about a player and brings it
back later and you have to react  to that because it could well have
been a change through a different interface.
You could also file a ticket on the "rearrange to first place" thing
and I'll investigate but right now I am not sure whether I maybe
intentionally ignored the lack because you can still move the first item
to second place.

pichonCalavera;464129 Wrote:
> I just played with it only for a few minutes, but the ability to grab
> some items and delete them in the Now Playing screens is the highlight
> for me and it's great!!
>
> Any chance that a future update will allow to move many items too?

Actually that's something where I tried to get my head around recently
(although for players, not tracks). Would a logic to mark several items
and move them together if you move one of them be somehow intuitive?
That would make for a great ticket then :D

Rest;464105 Wrote:
> Nice! I am at work right now and can't test it today, am I still able
> to browse music folder?

Well, if you ask like _that_ I can't give you an answer.
iPeng still supports it and it works better than in 1.1.2 yet I have
never had any issues with this feature, it works fine with my controller
as well.
So if people are experiencing issues I believe it's either
a) they lost/changed their library settings and don't have a music
library set anymore (but use only iTunes or MusicIP integration)
b) there is some kind of issue with 7.4 and music folder browsing that
I never encountered.

I can't promise anything on b) :D

--
pippin