markstrom;464196 Wrote:
> 1. #127
>
> 2. What happens is that I pick a player and drops it below another
> player header and above the other player name. (Can't provide a
> screenshot right now). The interface moves the header and player name
> apart but when I make the drop it returns to the previous position.
>
> 3. The interface show them as two separate players. If I select one of
> them and hit pause or next track, etc both reacts. I'll try to describe
> it step by step later.
>
> 4. I see that the "lost" player screws up the order. Can't iPeng keep
> the previous order until it's rearranged again? When the player returns
> it gets it's previous position back. If a previously unknown players
> turns up add it to the bottom of the list. In other words let iPeng
> determine the order all the time and don't care about the order from
> SqueezeCenter.

1. Thanks!
2. And it doesn't move back into the group after a few moments? What
kind of player is this?
3. Can you reproduce this? Or did it only happen once? Do they still
show up separately when you restart iPeng?
4. No, it's not that easy. iPeng gets the necessary data from the
server through two different channels:
- serverstatus. This gives you the number ans IDs of the players
- player status. This contains the sync state.
The problem is that it can take several seconds until the new player
status comes in. So iPeng first assumes that whatever action you did was
successful and changes that proposition when a new player status with a
different sync state comes in. Maybe that's where something went wrong.
First separating them again is a bad idea because it confuses users
(they will think the sync failed; this still can happen when a regular
player status comes in at the wrong time) and try to sync again.
The position problem is that server status sometimes seems to "lose" a
player, iPeng then removes it and brings it back when the next player
status comes in showing that the player is still there.

Sync management is still not perfect in SBS and iPeng has to work
around that a bit.

--
pippin

---