Line;465602 Wrote:
> I just performed an ubuntu 9.04 apt-get remove --purge and apt-get
> install of squeezeboxserver and let it run its initial scan of the
> library over (local music). Everything seems to be working fine now!
>
> I guess what I may have done wrong last time was to install extensions
> and restart the server, interrupting the initial scan which messed up
> the database entries?
>
> Anywho, thanks for the update pippin!

Yes, iPeng still has some issues with incomplete (or empty)
databases...

Espen;465620 Wrote:

> 1 "No player connected"
> 2 "Your player was not found"
> 3 and finally the <player name>
>
> Would it not been better to just say "Initializing" or something
> similar and then go straight to the <player name>?

Could you file a ticket for this?
https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/

pichonCalavera;465628 Wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, the " new" 8gb ipod touch is not really a 3rd gen
> Ipod Touch, it is a 2nd gen ipod touch. The 3rd gen Ipod Touch only
> comes in 32gb and 64gb versions.
>
> But if you are buying the 8gb you should have no problems, since I
> myself have a 2nd gen Ipod touch running Ipeng.

Yep. It's exactly like that.
The touch 8GB works fine although the 3G models are indeed a bit
faster.
If you want to go cheap search for refurbished iPods on Apple's Web
site.

speedtriple;465664 Wrote:
> Very good update!
>
> But I use the SC with volume disabled. So I would like an option to
> remove the new nice Volume Buttons in iPeng.

That's actually a bug:
https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/ticket/138
These are only supposed to show up when you use IRBlaster. Will be
fixed in 1.2.1

--
pippin

---