radish;468861 Wrote:
> The network settings don't look right. If it's not showing an IP that
> suggests DHCP is failing. Try setting lan_ip_mode=0 (static IP) and then
> set gateway/dns etc as appropriate. One thing I noticed is that you set
> lan_network_address to 192.168.1.4, but that's what you also have
> squeezecenter_address set to - that can't be right!

What do you mean that if it's not showing an IP that suggest DHCP is
failing?  If what isn't showing an address?  I set
lan_network_address=0.0.0.0 and then after I reset it I'm still stuck on
blue and when I plug it back in to do another conf 1 and list it's then
set to some other address like 169.254.80.xxx.  You have to have it
plugged in wired when setting up the wireless correct?  It's like it's
automatically assigning a lan_network_address but I don't know if it
does it wirelessly because the only way to check it is to plug it in?

For my settings I was just trying to copy what others were saying was
working and then using my own values.  I'm pretty sure I have DHCP (how
do you know?) so that's why I didn't set gateway or dns.  If I do set
those, they should both be the same at 192.168.1.1 correct? (that's what
ipconfig says for default gateway, IP4 says 192.168.1.4).  So if I set
lan_ip_mode to 0 then I use those values and if I don't then those
values can be empty correct?

You also said I  lan_network_address to the same as
squeezecenter_address at 192.168.1.4 but I set lan_network_address to
0.0.0.0?  Did you mean I set server address the same as
squeezecenter_address?  I thought that's how you were supposed to do it?
What should I be setting squeezecenter address to?  If I look at the
squeezecenter control panel it says the server is running and the server
address is 192.168.1.4 and that mysqueezebox.com server address is
66.150.114.115.  Am I supposed to be using that 2nd IP address for
anything?

I really appreciate your help and would really like to get this
working!!

--
Hokie02