kphinney;469876 Wrote:
> My hopes of the new SB Touch having 802.11n at 54ghz didn't pan out.
> For one, I'm going to hold off on buying any wireless product that
> doesn't support 802.11n using 5ghz.  At present my entire network is
> capped by having two SB3s running at 802.11g & 2.4ghz.  This brings my
> top-end down from 540 to 144mbps.
>
> A second alternative would be to use a separate router for 802.11b/g
> devices.  This would only work if I didn't want to keep the server on
> the fast connection, where it also serves music and movies to our
> laptops and media center, and hosts our file server and website.  If
> someone has an idea as to how to set this up on a PPC Mac G5 I'm open to
> hear any suggestions.
>
> Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Why not get a dual-band 802.11n
router, like the DIR-855?

Or plug a 2.4 GHz 802.11n access point (or router acting as an access
point; just turn of DHCP and ignore the WAN port) into one of the ports
on your 5 GHz 802.11n router, in effect achieving the same thing.

Am I missing something?

--
dagordon