dagordon;470348 Wrote:
> I don't think you understand the suggestion. It would be for all intents
> and purposes equivalent to having a dual-band router. Your server and
> wireless computers and whatever else you like can use 802.11n on 5 GHz.
> Your Squeezebox products can use the 802.11g access point. They will all
> be able to talk to each other; they will be on the same LAN.
>
> I don't understand some of the rest of your post. (For example "Who
> really wants a GUI based router opposed to one that you setup, hide, and
> forget?" -- are you referring to the display on the DIR-955? You do know
> that you don't have to use that, right?)

AHH!!! I see the light!

Server -> Wireless N Router -> CAT5 -> Wireless b/g (whatever router)
-> SB3s
And have wireless N computers on the N Router.

Thanks!  Way simple and yet it didn't occur to me.  The 2.4ghz will
give me a range boost for the work shed also.

As far as the GUI, I was referring to the 855.  I think that adding an
onboard GUI was a waste of money for no gain in functionality.

--
kphinney

*-Hopefully a new trend:*-  I'm not endorsing or advertising any of my
gear, nor flaunting it as an Audiophile setup.  I like it, you may not.
I understand and respect that.