jmpage2;488027 Wrote:
> They obviously offer the 192 kbps streaming for their paying customers
> for some reason, I doubt they would spend the money on placebo affect.
Of course they might. Imagine a consumer who knows nothing about sound
quality and is listening on $5 computer speakers. If they are thinking
of signing up for a music service and they have a choice of one service
that advertises the number 192 whereas another one uses the number 128,
which one do you think they are most likely to choose ?

It doesn't matter if they don't know anything about bitrates or the
fact that the 128k service could sound as good as the 192k service
depending on the encoder used. They are still likely to be swayed by the
bigger number.

--
andynormancx

Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
I SAID ALL OF THEM !