Thanks for this clarification SnarlyDwarf!  I wish last.fm and/or
logitech would make this more clear in their documentation/FAQs...

I think it is clearly more a last.fm issue than it is a logitech
one...but since so many of us are "into" our music, I think logitech
would benefit a lot by putting this information in a scrobbing FAQ
section...

This explains a lot...  But it doesn't explain why my broadcast radio
listening through squeezebox is not recognized at all...  Not even when
the info is clearly being passed to the squeezebox display, and I have
the option to scrobble radio flipped on...  It doesn't even show up
while the song is being played, nevermind logging it into permanent
history...

I have mixed feelings about how last.fm handles scrobbles...  On the
one hand, it appears that they are trying to be thoughtful on what
should and shouldn't count...  at the same time, what is a scrobble
worth if it disappears...  I see the playcount on last.fm as my
listening odometer of sorts...  And sometimes you are on roads you
like...and other times you are not on a great road at all...but you are
still accumulating miles...

Not sure how I feel about it all (not that anyone cares how I feel
about it!!!) :)

--
MikeekiM

SqueezeCenter Running on HP EX485 MediaSmart Server (WHS)
- 1 SqueezeBox Duet
- 4 SqueezeBox Booms