ModelCitizen;492024 Wrote:
> My library is over 25k tracks, with music from all sorts of genres and
> times. RG and SG is always on and it works perfectly. I am at a loss to
> see why it's not for you.
>
> MC

Exactly right ModelCitizen.  I have about 25k in albums and replay gain
works great.  I use dbpoweramp but any good program like foobar or
dbpoweramp that uses replay gain as it is supposed to be used is going
to do what it is supposed to do. Now some people use mp3gain and without
thinking have it alter the music instead of just the tags and then later
also apply replay gain.  Thats when you get into trouble because you
have double the replay gain that is intended.  It basically sounds like
crap.  But used correctly replay gain is great! There may be some times
when you may not want it with some classical, but you can easily turn it
off.  I think a lot of people have a big understanding with what it's
supposed to do and what it isn't supposed to do. Myself, I love it.
Does exactly what I want.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality