pablolie;492554 Wrote:
> Can anyone explain when MP3gain modifies the tag and when it modifies
> the audio file (the latter being a no-no)?

I'm speaking from memory here, but if you click the track\album
analysis buttons it just does the analysis (and stores to tags).

IF you click on track\album gain it adjusts the music\sound data.  I
think it can store undo values so that you can undo some of the changes.
But I prefer not to go there...

Anyway it was easy to click on the wrong button if you hadn't used it
in a while and that was why I was mentioning being careful.

--
lrossouw

'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/lrossouw)