I started using foobar 2 years ago, and still use it occasionally for
tracks I download from Amazon, etc.  I use dbpoweramp for when I rip
from CD to FLAC.  The results are remarkably consistent...I've even
compared values from both on the same tracks and they give almost
identical results.

80% of my listening is random playlists, and I use SmartGain for all
(and every track has both album and track RG tags).  Before I had
dbpoweramp I would occasionally forget to run newly ripped tracks
through foobar.  It was obvious when I missed.  Since I've changed my
practice, I've never noticed the jarring volume difference I once did.

It just works.

--
GeeJay