Phil Leigh;491102 Wrote:
> Dave,
> there are 2 crucial questions:
> 1) what format are your music files in?
> 2) how exactly did you apply ReplayGain in the past?

Firstly, thank you to all who have answered thus far.  I'm  a bit
sleep-deprived at the moment so my diplomacy skills are kinda
null-and-void right now.

Anyway, 1.  all my music is in MP3 format.  2.  I didn't use FooBar2000
to set up reply-gain.  I never really have.  I've collected music from
all over the place (including the complete Songfight.org archive) and
have never formally used reply-gain.  I did use a small free-ware
program called MP3Gain to try and fix the reply-gain stuff, but nothing
changed.

}Traditional "Radio-style" levelling involves quite heavy compression which I'm

--
Jippers