Zoltan,

WHS was apparently optimised for 0.5G, but HP added some stuff.
I then added SBS and MusicIP hence need for upgrade. Didn't want to
repeat the exercise so went straight to max).

I'm sure that Linux based solutions would be better, but at the time,
the HP medismart seemed good for me, being ready built and Windows,
which I was comfortable with.

The Touch is driving SBS light, but no hints whether that code would
be available for other platforms (since it would conflict with Touch
hardware sales).

If I was choosing a new solution now, (or when I need to) I'd still be
looking for something beyond Touch for the extra server functionality
and some backup for the music files, as well as power and size.
(recognising HP itself is limited backup).

Mitch

--
DigitalMitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * SBR, 1 * Radio
controlled by IR, SBC and iPeng on iPhone
7.4.1 running on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470)
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich