bruce;495103 Wrote:
> If Logitech could market the Squeezebox line as not requiring a server
> to play one's music collection, just an external hard drive (which they
> could even sell as an option) connected to a Touch, and all the server
> functions could be handled by a combination of the Touch, the other
> players, and iTunes (or similar software to easily manage the music)
> running on a computer somewhere on the network, then that would truly be
> a big step forward.

I'm sure they're counting on it selling Squeezeboxes.  Whether or not
it's really a step forward remains to be seen.  I think there will be
more than a few people disappointed in the limitations of the server.
They can still run the 'big' server with all the capabilities if they
want, but you know they'll insist on both - all the former capabilities
and running on the tiny little computer in the Touch.

--
JJZolx

Jim