tamanaco;502260 Wrote:
> Maybe I spoke too soon... anyway... this is a different "cosmetic"
> issue.
>
> I have a couple Spanish albums whose album/artist names start with
> either ¡ or ¿. These exclamation and question marks should be ignored
> and instead the first letter of the Album Name should be used to sort
> them. See ¡Cubanismo! Albums listed under "&" in the picture below.

Interesting issue. Can you mail me a file of an album with this issue?
I will then work towards a resolution. Question though, does SBS ignore
the ¡ and ¿ also and sort on the first letter of the album name?

tamanaco;502260 Wrote:
> I use the Genre, Album Artists and Album Name tags to build my folders
> structures. All my various artists albums in SC and ACC are displayed as
> expected except for "one" album. The relevant album tags for this album
> are: Album Artists: Belly Dance (Various Artist), Album Name: The Best
> Belly Dance Album in The World... Ever! Vol. 2., the album compilation
> flag is also set to 1 and every track has the correct Artist associated
> with it. As you can see in the pics below the SC Web UI lists the Album
> as expected under the Artist "Belly Dance (Various Artist)", but it
> appears that ACC changes the Album Artist tag to "Various Artist". Note
> that ACC does not change the album Roots Of Rumba Rock 2 whose Album
> Artist tag is displayed correctly as "Zaire Classics (Various Artists)"
> and which also has the compilation flag set to 1. I hope, this time, I
> explained the problem in a way you can understand.

I don't know if this has been improved in SBS but in the SC days albums
the whole various artist detecting was kind a lousy. For this reason ACC
determines for itself which album is a various artist album and which
not. This works quiet well actually but as you correctly noticed in this
single case not.

I will use the album tags you included to set up a test case in order
to optimize the detection. This will probably be in the weekend though
as sadly the christmas holidays are over. Maybe SBS has an improved
detecting of various artists and can the detection code in ACC be
removed. To be investigated I guess... I'll be back ;-)

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://acc.vanholt.nl)- for
SqueezeCenter '_' (http://www.badkamerpech.nl) SlimServer.
2xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SC, Denon PMA-1500AE +
DacMagic + Monitor Audio Silver RS8 = :-)