Moozh;503719 Wrote:
> Well I just tossed my hat into the ring and voted. As for the
> sceptics..I dunno, I dont think I should wait until audible (amazon)
> "feels my wrath", and scrap the DRM components off the file format and
> maybe then I can listen to my files on a sqeezebox. I think audiobooks
> will be more of harder nut to crack than the music debate, and frankly
> audiobooks arent that big a deal to the larger consumer base to cause a
> ruckus about..I dunno..
>
> sigh..I'm just not that political regarding my audiobooks...

I'm also not political. But I use iPods, mp3-capable car radios,
several Squeezeboxes and an Android phone and I simply don't want to pay
for crap that I then can't really use.

And it's not about a large population, a large share of their customers
will be enough.

At least over here in Germany most of the stuff that is on Audible is
also available in mp3 format on other platforms. One platform I'm using
(soforthoeren) moved some stuff to WMA a few years back under pressure
of the publishers and after some complaints and maybe some drop in sales
they switched back to mp3.

Not buying the stuff actually helps!

--
pippin