robchel;503725 Wrote:
> ........... I don't see this as incompatible with trying to change DRM
> and pricing, as those issues are best addressed through individual
> purchasing decisions.  The alternative is a bit like telling folks to
> stop listening to all the DRM music files they've bought........

No, not at all, it's folks telling you not to make the same mistake
TWICE!   :)
In fact, it's the DRM telling you "stop listening to your DRM music" on
any platform not approved by the DRM rights holder (which is NOT you).

Supporting *any* institution that employs DRM is the same as approving
bad behaviour.  It's no different than you ignoring the "do not feed the
bears" signs in the parks, then getting all teary eyed when they must
shoot the bear for getting too close to humans.  ;)

I've always avoided DRM, never been bitten, always found what I wanted
elsewhere absent the DRM headaches & restrictions.

By all means vote with your $$$'s, but understand what you are indeed
voting for.   :)

--
toby10