indifference_engine;502895 Wrote:
> I tend to use ss with internet radio so there isn't always a next track
> and I don't know in advance what format the station is streaming in.  If
> I'm unlucky and it's in a format that is unsupported by ss I have to
> restart the service to get it working again.  Stopping the player,
> selecting a "good" track, and hitting play again doesn't work for me.  I
> might try running the service under a different user account and see if
> that makes a difference (currently using the BUILTIN\SYSTEM account).

I'd be surprised if running as a different user helped.

Have you tried using the custom-convert.conf from post '72'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=496741&postcount=72)?
At least you wouldn't need to restart the service each time you hit an
unsupported format.

Can you post a couple of the URLs that cause SS to "hang"?

indifference_engine;502895 Wrote:

> I'm yet to investigate how to get the multi-instance setup working via
> asio as the -L option only shows one device.  Keep up the good work!

I've never tested multiple ASIO instances.  I can think of several
reasons why you only see one device;

ASIO4ALL might not support multiple sound cards.
The portaudio library might not support multiple ASIO devices.
Could be a bug in the device listing code of SS when using ASIO.

Please post any findings here.

Thanks.

--
ralphy